John 'Jahnathon' Whitfield
California Juggling Institute 1983 - 1993
California Juggling & Circus Arts Institute 1993 - 2005
California Juggling & Circus 2005 - 2010
- California Juggling 2010 -
- Spacial Dynamics grad level PACT training - 2012.
- Level One Archery Certification - 2005.
- Spacial Dynamics grad level course in Humor - 2003
- Level One Spacial Dynamics Institute Graduate - 1999.
- Certified Juggling Institute Instructor - 1983.
- Self-taught juggler from John Cassidy's "Juggling for the Complete Klutz" - 1981.
- AA Degree - General Education, with honors - Rancho Santiago College - 1978.
- Teaching juggling since 1983.
- Director: California Juggling Institute, founded 1984 (The third in the country). Has taught at hundreds of schools, libraries, city parks & recreation departments, etc. from San Diego to Stockton. Manhattan Beach to Las Vegas. Estimate one-quarter million taught.
- Programs: School Assemblies & workshops, K-12. Focus on juggling as a basic circus art.
- Created: The first easily understandable juggling notation for multiplex patterns, 1985.
- Contributor: Games Chapter, "The Complete Juggler", 1987.
- Pilot Juggling Program: Malamalama Waldorf School, 1991.
- Workshop Teacher: Diabolo, International Jugglers Association Conventions.
- Workshop Juggling Teacher: Southwest Dance & Sports Convention, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987.
- Consultant: Task analysis, lesson plans for scarf juggling skills, K-6, San Bernadino Unified Schools, 1991 - 1992.
- Consultant & Teacher: Physical Education Teacher Training, San Bernadino.
Consultant: Hawthorne School District Project Development programs and in-services. Positive Alternative Program, 1992 - 1993.
- Teacher: Southern California's first Games Specialist at the Waldorf School of Orange County. 1992-2000.
- Created: Waldorf School Of Orange County Summer Program "Cirque Du Nous" - August 1992 and "The Circus" - July 2000.
- Created: First Orange County Imagination Celebration Community Circus with The Great Y Circus from Redlands, California, 2004
- Teacher: Games, Movement, P.E. specialist, Journey School. First games teacher and Afterschool Program Coordinator, 2000 - 2010.
- Created: Circus Journey, 2001.
- Created: First instructional workshop for youth in the sport of Slackline Walking with Darrin Carter, 2002.
- Teacher: Specialist in Waldorf Game Event training, Circus Arts instructor, Mentor OCEAN Charter School, 2011 -
- Founder: International Jugglers Association Affiliate - Orange Jugglers, 1986
- Founder: First Catalina Island Juggling Festival, 1987 -
- Created: Several community juggling festivals, 1983 on.
- Created: 'Sawdust Circus' at the Laguna Beach Sawdust Festival, 1986 - present.
- Main Subject for children's book published by Clarion Books, 1988, "JUGGLER" focuses on Jahnathon teaching juggling in schools, libraries and highlights the International Jugglers Association conventions. Statement from the book, "Although Jahnathon enjoys performing, he prefers to concentrate on teaching and helping other people learn the joys of juggling."
- 1993 Recipient of the International Jugglers Association "Excellence in Education" award.
- Board of Directors: American Youth Circus Organization, 2005 - 2011
- Created: AYCO Store, 2005 to 2010
- Created: JugglingGear.com, 2012
- Life Member #134: International Jugglers Association
- American Youth Circus Circus Organization since 2005